• volleyball1
  • hockey1
  • soccer
  • tennis
  • basketball
  • baseball1

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wisconsin Life of an Athlete forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: MapleStory 2 fixes this Issue

MapleStory 2 fixes this Issue 4 months 1 week ago #35149

• 4Rsercom
  • Fresh Boarder
Like many other recent massively-multiplayer role-playing games coming out of Asia such as Blade and Soul or Twin Saga, Maplestory Mesos has amazing graphics, an overwrought narrative about rescuing the universe from evil, and distinct classes to play with. The sequel also takes away the first game's gender-locked classes and limited selection of appearances from the character development page. (If you chose to play with a demon slayer in the original, you'd need to spend real cash or forage for a wonder voucher in the event that you wished to take out the character's natural grey skin and reddish eyes.) I opted to make a warrior-type Berserker, a dude who has a fairly angry and competitive backstory, but I was able to customize his appearance to be female and wear pink curls and multicolored eyes.

The game emphasizes individuality and customization over generic defaults. It's an obsession with asking in the event that you would like to screenshot any component of the game, and it automatically saves screenshots at a specified folder in your PC. Perhaps the biggest indication of the game's ambitions is you finally get your own house. I never noticed that while playing the first game, but old Maplers are essentially nomads. MapleStory 2 fixes this issue by giving you a big old home so you can craft your own little corner of this match.

Despite the change to 3D, MapleStory 2 smartly retains key elements of the match and storytelling that made the original so distinctive. Certain towns such as the mushroom-filled, cheery huts of Henesys, and the cool, urban burglar hideout that's Kerning City, are retained and their theme music plays when you enter, bringing a strong sense of nostalgia. The storyline has developed and included dozens of new characters, but the core of the tale is still the same: it is the wicked Dark Mage versus the beautiful goddess. The ever-popular thief course is still accessible and so are wizard, knight, priest, archer, deep gunner, and assassin. Some less-welcome components of the first are nevertheless invisibly, like the notoriously glitchy Nexon sport launcher.

Still, as soon as you're at the game, a lot can be forgiven, given how it is the community that actually makes the experience fun. In its heart MapleStory is an internet destination for friends to gather, similar to Club Penguin or Neopets. I suddenly met my current boyfriend of almost 3 years through MS2 Mesos MapleStory when an idle summer brought us both back into the match, and have met several Maple friends in real life from throughout the country. We keep in touch, even if none of us play with the old game. The folks of MapleStory 2 look nice enough for today. When I died and got trapped by a tombstone, I typed in chat for help, and someone really walked and revived me before telling me he hadn't helped me earlier because he thought I had been an non-playable character as a result of my suspiciously simple username.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds